Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It has already begun....

Today we get the new American Girl catalog. And in the spirit of trying to APPEAR efficient, I ask my oldest child (who is almost 9) to circle the things she likes and I'll mail it to Santa. And while I was mailing it to Santa, why doesn't she make a list on what else she would like, preferbly in order. Now, we have had the discussion in the past of how Santa just uses the list as a suggestion, and it is unrealistic to expect to receive EVERYTHING on the list.

(Soooooooooo...did I mention she is only 9? The prices are approximate, but you get the idea!)

1 - American Girl of the year Doll along with ALL of the accessories and clothes. Cost - $150
2 - Cellphone (WTF??!! did i mention is only 9? I guess her friends need her at a moment's notice that I'm not aware of) Cost - I have no idea and don't care because it is NOT going to happen!
3 - Nintendo DS, and I'm guessing when you purchase one you must purchase a game as well? This is one of those purchases that I have been trying to avoid. Call me old fashioned, but I am ok with the fact that my children read, color and do other IMAGINATIVE things in the car and to pass the time. But did you know that "everyone else" has one?? I wasn't aware of that either. Cost - $200 - 250
4 - Laptop. For all the travel she does for work, you know. I guess the brand new iMac I just bought a couple of months ago with the 24 inch screen just didn't do it for her. Cost - $$A-helluva-lot (yeah..let's see Santa cough this one up).
5 - Earrings, but only gold ones. ok..this is definately one I can pawn off on a grandparent
6 - Trampoline - actually, I'm pushing for this one. Chris is against it, stating we don't have anywhere to put it when in actuality he doesn't want to spend another xmas eve putting one together.
7 - Another pet like a turtle, along with some food. I suppose having to remind her EVERY SINGLE DAY to feed the one three legged cat is not enough of a chore on me. Now I have to have some smelly reptile to have to clean up after as well. ummmmmmmm...NO. I actually enjoy being practically pet free, and the only reason we have the cat is that he caught me in a moment of vulnerability.

I knew this day was coming. The day of the expensive gifts, the gifts that were going to be very hard to fulfill. SIGH....at least my 3 y.o. can't write yet!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Doesn't want much, does she?

I say stay far, far away from the video games. If everybody has one, then she should have no problem finding a friend's house where she can play one!

Beth Cain-Stiles said...

Oh my...at least you are still allowing her the joy of asking SANTA instead of possible begging directly to you for these thigns!